Sunday 9 October 2016

Hi, guys!!  I think most of you guys went to the Carins and got burned!! haha  Be careful not to get

disease when you become elderly!!   That aside, Great Barrier Reef was awesome and I want to go

back there again in the future.  TMI lol 

For now, I'd like to discuss the cultural differences between Japan and Australia in terms of business,

talking about my trip, Carins.


when I decided to go there, I was also dying to sign up for a tour of Great Barrier Reef  because that

was what I wanted to do in Australia.  So I signed up for a tour to an uninhabited island called

Frankland.  On the day, when I waited for a navigator in the morning, one Japanese female picked up

me.  She started to explain about the content of the tour in Japanese, not English.  And she kept

explaining fluently it for another Australian people in English.  I was surprised because she was so

fluent in English and worked as a translator.  I felt she was alien cuz there were not any other

Japanese staffs on the tour.  Yes, she was only Japanese female working on that tour.  Basically in

Japan, there are not good translators on the tour.  In my opinion, usually, Japanese tour does not

consider about foreign visitors in terms of language.  That is why, personally, Japan will need to

focus on the help for foreign visitors in order to serve more comfortable tour.  And more and more

young people might be asked to get  a high skill of English to communicate with foreign people. 

Therefore I'm studying English now haha.


That's it. Thank you.


8 comments:

  1. I strongly agree with you, Shin. The Japanese goverment should change the policy of education. Japan should be more international !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, our generation is required to speak English...

    ReplyDelete
  3. some organizations in tourist sites in cairns anticipate that tourists come from various countries.
    I was surprised that I got brochures translated into Japanese when I visited cairns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure your English communication skill is improving !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you, and in Japan, we need to understand English to accept oversea visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pictures you uploaded are so beautiful
    You seem to enjoy Australian life, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cool woman haha but yea she is so cool, i wanna be like that. HOPEFULLY @_@

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, very interesting story. Maybe you can conduct the tour next time round? You're bilingual after all!

    ReplyDelete